Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mother Daughter Tea
















This is my second annual participation in the Mother Daughter Tea that our church hosts the Saturday before Mother's Day. Each table (seats 8) has a hostess (me) who chooses a book and decorates her table according to the theme of the table. For instance, last year I chose the book- The Picky Princess. I had the table decorated with fine china, silver, goblets representing princess utensils. This year the book I chose was The Goodnight Train. Kathryn also hosted a table and her book was Big Words. We got together on Friday and made cupcakes. I decorated some kids who were alsleep ( goodnight) and Kathryn made some fun sunflowers and grass filler cupcakes. She also decorated some that mirrored her guests that would be there. They all turned out so cute!! The day if the event was fun. We got there super early so we would have the best tables and to start decorating. This was the first time that I paper mached anything. It was pretty easy- just time consuming. My mom came over one afternoon and helped me out. She is an "old" (no pun intended) pro at this hobby. Apparently she has done lots of paper mache items in her day! Huston "lent" me one of his trains. It was so fun- the sky is the limit!! I already have my book for next year and I have bought items for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment