Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Hiking We Go







Today, February 8, the family decided to go on a "hike" or as Huston calls it- "the forest". Huston and Clark tend to wander through a greenbelt across the street from our home (just like guys to go searching through the woods). Clark enticed me to go- as long as there were not any snakes. I do not do snakes very well. I am not a camper, outdoorsy person at all. Clark assured me that there were not any snakes. I know I am the mom and I should take care of my kids, but if I had seen a snake- I would have ran so fast leaving the kids and Clark to fend for themselves. Panic is what would have occured. Fortunately, we didn't come across anything that moved! We decided to put Emery in the backpack since she is not as sure-footed at Huston (that's not saying much). She had a wonderful time being the princess up high. As we went deep into the
forest" we dropped some corn to feed the deer. Even though it was an overcast day- it was really nice weather. What a great day to be outside!



No comments:

Post a Comment