Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Junior League Easter Event







On Saturday, I took Huston to a Junior League- "Little Leaguer"- event. This was the first time since I joined the League 8 years ago that he was able to come with me. The League is now trying to incorporate kids in more events. It's really nice- especially since Huston asks, "Where do you go?" We went downtown to the headquarters and put together 300 Easter baskets for The Children's Shelter and St. PJ's Children's Home. I was a little concerned that Huston would want to take home a basket or some of the goodies that were in the baskets. He did a great job helping and made sure that the baskets had everything that they should. He was amazing! We met up with one of my friends, Roxanne, and her two boys, J. & Will, whom Huston enjoys playing with. The League will be hosting another one of these events next year. Huston and Emery will be coming with me. It is important for them to realize that we give back to the community and give to others without taking all the time.






No comments:

Post a Comment