Friday, March 12, 2010

Feeding the Ducks
















We spent one cold Saturday morning wondering what we could do outdoors (for those of you who live north of San Antonio- anywhere- would be laughing at our "cold" weather of 40+ degrees). So, we decided to pack a lunch and head out to Boerne to feed the ducks and have our lunch off the little river through town. First of all, even though I had a couple of ducks for pets, I do not like ducks, etc near me. The ones that I had were little babies, not huge dirty ones! When we arrived, the kids were a little scared so we set them on top of a table (I was there too). We threw our bread (I brought about 4 loaves of bread with us) and naturally, we were swarmed with ducks all over us. The kids had a fun time- I started off to the car because I thought a couple were going to jump on the table and join us (notice how my poor kids weren't on my mind during this panic stage). Once the kids were all done throwing the bread they were ready to go- scared. Clark had to carry both of them back to the car. Forget eating lunch there- especially since I packed sandwiches... with bread!





No comments:

Post a Comment