Monday, March 23, 2009

Fiesta Texas.... flop











We decided to go to Fiesta Texas this past week (it wasn't Spring Break in San Antonio- ours was the previous week) and BIG mistake. It was packed- no make that JAMMED with people everywhere. I don't think FT prepared for it to be that busy- especially since we went on a Thursday. The kids and I were meeting up with Daphne and Ellie (and their friends, Amy & Royce) but I never caught up with them. The kids and I were there an hour (good thing for our season pass!) and we were able to ride the train. I am so grateful that I brought the double jogging stroller. Huston is "too big" (according to him, NOT me!) for any strollers and refuses to sit in them. Since I was by myself in this people-jammed place, I had to have him in the stroller for my peace of mind and safety. They ate lots of Veggie-Tale fruit chews for bribery. I had to be downtown for a JL meeting within two hours of us entering FT theme park. We didn't end riding anything but the train. The lines were horribly long. I overheard someone complain that they had been there since noon (we arrived at 3:15pm) and had only been able to ride one ride. Of course the kids didn't want to leave because they wanted to ride something else before they left. We even tried to get a drink and waited in the line for over 20 minutes. We were still 3 from the front- I left with two screaming kids. Going to the car and getting ice cream at a near-by ice cream shop was my saving grace. The pictures here are of us riding the train and then how they spent their hour at FT- in a stroller! BTW- we never did find Daphne & Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment