Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chicago




Ok- so it's March now and I haven't updated my blog since February 15. Pretty sad. I guess I have so many wonderful pics of Chicago that it was overwhelming me showing the pics and writing stories. I went to Chicago February 19-22 with my mother-in-law, Kathryn to visit my borther-in-law, Graham, and his wife, Whitney. Of course my best friend, who is a flight attendant- Taylor, came along for the ride on our first day. It was bitterly cold, but it was a welcomed change from our balmy 80 degrees in the middle of February. I must admit that after two days of seeing snow and walking around in 20 something degree weather with a wind chill of -30, I was missing my Texas heat. We crammed a ton of stuff in those 4 days that we were there. I have been to Chi-town before, but it is by far my favorite city! When Clark and I were first married I begged him to please let us live there. He kept telling me that I wouldn't be able to last one winter there and that I would be begging him to come back to TX. Yeah... he's right. I wouldn't have lasted very long. I get cold in TX in July- go figure!
***On a side note***
Anyone who has an IPhone can relate. These stinking phones don't travel well. The battery runs out of "juice" so quickly. I spent a lot of my time in the Apple Stores (long story) or eyeing an outlet at each place we went too (restaurants were the best because the phone would be charged by the time we were done eating). Why did I care about the battery- navigation purposes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment